Friday, March 27, 2015

Dedication in the act ... if you play an instrument bring it along and you'll be doubly gifted with appreciation and inspiration

The people who run the VA Hospital, the parts that I know in bldg 30 and 60, in Tucson, AZ are lovely people. I have met a few of them now but the attitude has been the same from everyone and their dedication to caring for the vets who are there temporarily or long term is lovely.  At the most recent show on March 25th 2015 one of the directors stopped in to say hello and shake our hands.

I am inspired and feel I have a front row seat to some very important loving acts of caring and kindness in these encounters and it is a gift to be able to witness it all.

Other volunteers arrive and go to work bringing joy to the environment. One great example was the music therapist who came in just as I was finishing up and handed out percussion instruments and launched into song as soon as I was done.

The new employees and full time workers I meet give so much and inspire myself and the folks who help me arrange and play these shows.

If you ever get a chance go by and see what I mean. And if you play an instrument bring it along and you'll be doubly gifted with appreciation and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment