Thursday, November 19, 2015

I have been puttin in time in the shed and puttin beans on the table. Luckily I work with a lot of people who have kept me in the volunteering activities. Sometimes for a friend who is distraught sometimes for an organization that works with the larger community. Once in a while when a friend stumbles and needs help righting themselves as they start to walk again.

My mind has been organizing gatherings here at the house and new venues for me to volunteer at.

I have reached out to one network of hospice care facilities and put in my application. Here in California it is necessary to fill out apps and go through some extensive background checking. All to the good if we are creating an environment more safe for the community we serve.  But it slows things down.

I have often contacted a live in community in other states on the same day that I showed up and volunteered at their site. So i am continuing to do both and developing a larger network of locales where we can volunteer.

This past weekend I helped out donating time to engineer sound at a release party for a friend. I visited with family and recorded a soundtrack.  I am excited to put these activities together as I build a community around music and giving.

Stay tuned. As I begin to play at the newest live-in communities I have found I hope to have some exciting events to report on in the coming weeks and months.

Thank you to Earthworks High Definition Microphones for the vocal mic in the second pic.






No comments:

Post a Comment