Thursday, July 31, 2014

How-To - Help Others With Your Music


I have been overwhelmed with the energy and generosity of the folks I have met at the shows I donated on this tour.

What a blessing.

I have also met and heard of even more groups and individuals who are involved in the work of bringing music to those who have a hard time getting out. More on that in a future post.

Where do you think I should play next?

I have my itinerary pretty set and pretty full for the trip back to LA but I thought: I need to write a brief how-to on what I have been doing. So here it is:

1. You can be on tour or in your hometown but you must want to share your music with folks who are bed ridden or unable to leave their place of residence.

2. You can look up any establishment that serves people who do not get out much. You can also reach out to your friends and family and find an individual who is ailing or one that has been unable to leave home in a while. Put out the word that you are volunteering your music in any way you like.

3. You can contact the home or individual and ask to speak to the person in charge of volunteer services. Let that person know that you would like to offer an hour long donated show for their resident(s).

4. Schedule a time to play for them. Sometimes you will need to register with them also in advance.

5. On the scheduled day go to the facility and play for the folks who don't usually encounter you as their entertainment. Share your good feelings and love with them. Receive the family and individual gratitude in return. Love life!

6. Repeat.


7. If you need any help doing these steps, ones I haven't thought of or want to share something ask me or share it with me. I will help any way I can!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great service to humanity you're doing Aaron. I love how your music has evolved to be about so much more than music. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since we shared music we also shared the practice of music that is more than just the notes. Here it is. You have been and are my inspiration with your words that are more than just words. We weave the fabric of our society together.

      Delete